Thursday, November 19, 2009

Towels

It is nice and soft, it helps cover you when you come out of the bathroom. It also helps by drying you up when you take your nice hot and relaxing bath. Not only that it is so soft to wrap round a baby and the baby wont feel any itchiness caused by the towel.
A towel is a wonderful thing when you think about it and how we use to take an advantage of it. We just dont know how much abuse it takes during its life time. We squeeze dry it, we hit it, we throw inside the washing machine and let it be thrown around with other clothes, we rip or cut it, etc... but I tell you one thing... IT IS WORTH IT!

you know how much stress I get when I get a new towel and it is not absorbent? Yeah, you need to use it a few times before it becomes fully absorbent. I know the hot water trick or wash it 3 times consecutively. But that doesnt bring out it's full absorbing potential! Especially those towels that are marketed as "Super Absorbent Towels!". My arse lah super absorbent! A paper towel is far more absorbent than those silly towels! And what if you buy those microfiber towels that is mostly made out of polyester? IT CANT ABSORB ANY SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER...

Frustrating as it sound it happened to me today. I had this towel for almost a year now. I thought I could have a good relationship with it since it is so nice and so big. But noo... so many months down the road and it is still treating me badly! Yes, you throw it into a bucket of water it absorbs nicely. But when you run water over it, it just repels the bloody water!

I bought it for my car cleaning rituals. Today was the most frustrating day ever because I cant even wipe the surface dry with that cloth! All my other cloth is dirty and soiled and I need a cloth that is dry and clean. Lo and behold the cursed microfiber towel that I have. I took it and I tried to wipe and my goodness it took me a bloody 5 minutes just to wipe dry my roof.

ARGHHH... need to buy new towel. Make sure I must read the labels and buy only 100% COTTON!

1 comment:

fwJL said...

i think the most absorbing towels are those that are super rough. u get what i mean? lol!